Thursday, March 17, 2011

another CL asshole

I don't understand why everyone is all upset about covers or originals. It was just supposed to be a practice to see if everyone was a fit. I could have paid the drummer to just cover a few basic beats for me for a couple of hours so we could practice until we managed to audition the other 7 drummers I hasve scheduled.  What is wrong with that?
You don't know me,. Am I reading you right? You would assault me with your drums, physically, because I want to play some originals?

Honestly. I do not get it. I am not being sarcastic.
Initially I referred everyone immediately to our my space page where the originals are posted.
Personally, I learned the "originals" and really liked them. Now they are part of my repertoire. (That's a "set list,"for you non-grads out there)
I would put these songs up against anything out there in the mainstream. If I couldn't, I wouldn't bother with the project. I work hard at this. Other people can't even show up, and they cancel at the last minute. I am so sad about it and left flat that I am arguing with a stranger on The Internet. Now THAT is dumb. I admit it.
But maybe YOU are the one with a chip on your shoulder, what's wrong? Girlfriend dump you?

I don't think I'm better than anyone else, but at least I show up.  I'm not stupid, I wouldn't  give a drummer or any musicians hard time by giving him difficult stuff to play without practiced.
I'll have you know, just FYI, what I do is I email the person I am auditioning a bunch of songs and let him pick. It just so happens that the last drummer picked 3 covers and 3 originals out of a choice of 20 songs, 10 each. OMG! Maybe my shit DOES smaell pretty good. They are not my originals, they are someone else's, btw, so I'm not stuck on that.



On 3/17/2011 6:50 PM, David Bacon wrote:
** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html




Hey,tell you what. You are in one hell of a jam and in part it sounds like because you have a really bad chip
on your shoulders! I will consider trying to help you tonight but you are going to have to play all covers unless
you think drummers should be mind readers as well? Give me a list of COVERS ONLY and I will email you back right away.
You should just cancell by all means. If I say yes, there had best be a guy on the other end that is not stuck up on himself
who thinks that your shit doesn't stink any more then the next person. If you are that f%#*&d in the head,you could find yourself
wearing my drum set on stage. That wouldn't be too cool now!
Dave Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment